DDE Data gets clogged up

DeTransfer is a command interface for advanced users.
Requires a working knowledge of the dataTaker scripting language.

DDE Data gets clogged up

Postby KevN » Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:51 am

Hi all,
I've been using DeTransfer for a while now, and I use DDE commands to send data to another software package that does all of my logic and fancy GUI stuff. However I've noticed something funny on of my systems - after a while of acquiring data, slowly but surely, the DDE data gets corrupted. The channel names (and DDE modifiers) somehow leak into the data. So say I want to read the data of DDE channel "&!Chan1". Normally I'd get a response like "0.52" or something like that. Instead, after this corruption happens, the data returns will become something like "0.52&!Chan2".
Deleteing the data from the DDE window temporarily fixes the problem, however it eventually comes back. Have you guys seen this?
Cheers,
KevN

Re: DDE Data gets clogged up

Postby Roger » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:29 am

Good morning KevN,

No I haven't seen it and unfortunately DDE is very old technology and no longer supported by Windows (Remove in Windows Vista) so there will be little we can do to assist.

Cheers

Roger
"Don't Panic"
Douglas Adams HHGTTG
Roger
Guru

Postby KevN » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:20 am

I think I found what was causing the problem here actually. It seems to have something to do with the fact that I was using a usb-rs232 converter, and the converter I'm using doesn't seem to be passing on XON/XOFF commands to the datataker. The lack of flow control was what was causing the problems mentioned.

The more you know I guess...
KevN

Postby Roger » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:00 pm

Hi Kev,

Thanks for the feed back. That would have been a hard one to diagnose from your post.

Keep breaking things.

Cheers

Roger
"Don't Panic"
Douglas Adams HHGTTG
Roger
Guru

Return to DeTransfer