Unload to a .csv file

DT5xx range includes the DT50, DT500, DT505,DT515, DT600,DT605 DT615 dataTakers

Unload to a .csv file

Postby dp770 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:38 pm

Hi,
I have a question regarding how to unload logged data to a csv file by entering a text command.
I entered the command U to unload data. However, I'm not sure where the unloaded data is saved. Is there any way I can define the file destination along with the command U in the text command view? I'm using Delogger 4 v4.
dp770

Re: Unload to a .csv file

Postby Rudy Gunawan » Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:12 am

Hi dp770,

What is your logger model?
U syntax is obsolete for the new DT model, we use COPYD now although U is still usable.

You can use DeLogger Unload menu to download the data rather than sending U from Text Interface.

Best regards,
Rudy Gunawan
Rudy Gunawan
Guru

Postby dp770 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:32 pm

Hi Rudy,
I'm using an old DT50. This does not have a memory card(they are no longer available) so data is being overwritten every 6 hours. To avoid this, I'm writing a VB program to save the Text1.dlt every 2 hours, which looks very promising. However, this task would be much easier if there is a text command to save the logged data to a .csv file. Please let me know if there is a way. thanks.
dp770

Postby Rudy Gunawan » Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:42 am

Hi dp770,

Unfortunately CSV conversion is not available in DT5xx series (including DT50).
There are two possible options for you:
- You can use a standard U command then make a conversion to CSV via dump_DBD application: http://www.datataker.com/downloads/DT80 ... bd_v13.zip
- You may use DeLoad to make direct conversion to CSV: http://www.datataker.com/downloads/DT80 ... d-2v37.zip
(Please note some of DeLoad component may not work correctly under newer OS version including Windows 7, so you need to run some trick to make it work)

Best regards,
Rudy Gunawan
Rudy Gunawan
Guru

Postby dp770 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:52 am

Rudy Gunawan wrote:Hi dp770,

Unfortunately CSV conversion is not available in DT5xx series (including DT50).
There are two possible options for you:
- You can use a standard U command then make a conversion to CSV via dump_DBD application: http://www.datataker.com/downloads/DT80 ... bd_v13.zip
- You may use DeLoad to make direct conversion to CSV: http://www.datataker.com/downloads/DT80 ... d-2v37.zip
(Please note some of DeLoad component may not work correctly under newer OS version including Windows 7, so you need to run some trick to make it work)

Best regards,
Rudy Gunawan

Hi Rudy,
Thanks for your reply. Can you pls let me know to where the U command unload the .dbd file? Correct me if I'm wrong, as I understand this location or file should be known so that the dump_DBD can convert it to a csv?
Thanks
dp770

Postby Rudy Gunawan » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:00 pm

Hi dp770,

U command is used to transfer data from internal memory to memory card, then you can use card reader to retrieve the data.
If that process could not be done, then you may also use DeLogger unload feature. It offers CSV conversion as well.

Best regards,
Rudy Gunawan
Rudy Gunawan
Guru

Postby dp770 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:36 pm

Rudy Gunawan wrote:Hi dp770,

U command is used to transfer data from internal memory to memory card, then you can use card reader to retrieve the data.
If that process could not be done, then you may also use DeLogger unload feature. It offers CSV conversion as well.

Best regards,
Rudy Gunawan

Hi Rudy,
I managed to install Delogger and now it is doing the job. Thanks for the help.
dp770

Return to DT5xx Range